Military on the Move Program: What You Need to Know

Posted by Lauren Schneider on Tuesday, December 22nd, 2020 at 1:38pm.

MOM (Military on the Move): How Can it Help You?If you're a Colorado Springs homeowner involved in the armed forces, whether you're active duty, separated or retired, you may have a lot of experience with moving around the country. You likely even have experience buying and selling homes. If this is the case, you know that buying and selling homes can be difficult and expensive.

That's why armed forces officers have access to the Military on the Move program. This unique and well-designed program gives military people access to rebates that can help defray the costs of moving while also making the process easier to manage.

For informational purposes only. Always consult with a licensed real estate professional before proceeding with any real estate transaction.

What is the Military on the Move Program?

Military on the Move (MOM) connects active duty, retired, wounded warrior, or separated military employees with experienced real estate professionals. These professionals have a history of helping veterans and other military officers with previous home sales and purchases, and as a result, can anticipate the needs of this group throughout the real estate transaction.

When the purchase or sale is complete, the real estate professional cuts the officer a check for a portion of their commission. This check can help the armed service professional to defray the costs of moving. The check is meant to show the real estate professional's appreciation for everyone involved in our U.S. military.

The amount of the rebate is based on the real estate professional's commission check. There is no cap on the amount that can be paid. All participation in this program is based on eligibility. People who are interested in the MOM program should start by filling out an application and eligibility form.

If You Want to Participate in the Military on the Move Program, What Should You Do?

If you want to participate in the Military on the Move program, register on the MOM website. Only after you've registered can you get started with the process of finding a real estate professional.

What Else Should You Know About Buying or Selling a House if You're a Veteran?

Military on the Move is just one benefit of buying or selling a house if you're an active duty or retired military person. Armed forces members also have access to the Veterans Affairs (VA) loan, which requires no money down and no mortgage insurance. With a competitive interest rate, the VA loan is one of the best interest rates that home buyers can access.

Although real estate agents cannot help military members to secure their VA loan, a good real estate agent can help a buyer to connect to a reputable lender, if the buyer does not already have a lender in mind. Fortunately, members of the armed services can choose their own lender, even if they're participating in the Military on the Move program.

Only people who do not have their own lender may feel compelled to ask their real estate agent for a lender referral. If you participate in the MOM program, you have full flexibility to choose the lender that's right for you.

Want to Get Started? Contact a Real Estate Professional

If you were a member of the armed forces and you'd like to buy or sell a home sometime in the near future, check out the Military on the Move program, and register with the program to get started. Once you've registered, you'll be able to reach out to a real estate professional to kick off the home buying or home selling process. For more information, take a look at the Military on the Move website today.

For informational purposes only. Always consult with a licensed real estate professional before proceeding with any real estate transaction.

Leave a Comment

Format example:
Format example: