Dessert in Colorado Springs: 5 Best Dessert Shops in Colorado Springs
Posted by Lauren Schneider on Wednesday, May 19th, 2021 at 8:08am.
Dessert is commonly thought of as the final course of any meal, but the dessert shops in Colorado Springs prove that a sweet treat could end up being a meal in its own right. There are dessert shops in the city specializing in confection, from cakes and chocolates to ice cream cones and sweet slices of pie.
Read on to discover some of the best dessert shops in Colorado Springs, CO.
Cacao Chemistry Chocolatier
- Address: Cacao Chemistry Chocolatier, 109 N. Tejon Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Hours: Sun & Tues–Thurs 11 a.m.–8:30 p.m., Fri–Sat 11 a.m.–9:30 p.m., Closed Mon
Cacao Chemistry Chocolatier is a locally owned business that brings fine European chocolates to the heart of Colorado Springs. Visitors will find that they have endless options for chocolate confections when they visit this shop, including several varieties and flavors of chocolate bark, artisan candy bars, and fine French chocolate pieces. In addition to stopping in for a bite of sweet dessert, Colorado Springs residents also can contact this chocolatier for custom creations for their upcoming events.
- Address: Decadent, 13375 Voyager Parkway Suite #110, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
- Hours: Sun–Thurs 10 a.m.–5 p.m., Fri–Sat 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
Decadent is a casual dessert bar that has quickly become a favorite among Colorado Springs locals. Its desserts are often described as indulgent or even sinful, and everyone appreciates the fact that every menu item is made from scratch. Some of its most popular dessert delicacies include its dessert skillets, cheesecake slices, and molten lava chocolate cake.
3.14 Sweet and Savory Pi
- Address: 3.14 Sweet and Savory Pi, 5152 Centennial Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80919
- Hours: Tues–Sat 11 a.m.–8 p.m., Sun 11 a.m.–7 p.m., Closed Mon
3.14 Sweet and Savory Pi is the only pie bar located in Colorado Springs. Not only does this pie bar feature endless options for dessert pies, but it also offers savory pies for those who want to eat pie as their main course. Some of its most well-known dessert pies available by the slice include Rhuberry Pie, Monster Cookie Pie, and Sangria Pie.
Boonzaaijer's Dutch Bakery
- Address: Boonzaaijer's Dutch Bakery, 610 E. Fillmore St., Colorado Springs, CO 80907
- Hours: Mon–Fri 6:30 a.m.–6 p.m., Sat 7 a.m.–4 p.m., Closed Sun
Boonzaaijer's Dutch Bakery is a mainstay in Colorado Springs and has long been providing residents and visitors with tasty and authentic Dutch desserts. Some of its featured products include fruit tarts, windmill cookies, and whip cream roulade. In addition to creating bite-sized treats for individuals looking to satisfy their sweet tooth, this bakery also is one of the most well-known wedding cake vendors in the region.
Rizuto's Ice Cream and Sweet Shop
- Address: Rizuto's Ice Cream and Sweet Shop, 4785 Barnes Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80917
- Hours: Mon–Thurs 11 a.m.–9 p.m., Fri–Sat 11 a.m.–10 p.m., Sun 1–8 p.m.
Rizuto's Ice Cream and Sweet Shop is a family favorite in Colorado Springs. This locally owned ice cream shop not only scoops up dozens of ice cream flavors but also has a dessert menu that includes chocolate-dipped cheesecakes and snow cones.
Find Your Sweet Tooth in Colorado Springs
Whether someone is finishing up a romantic night in downtown Colorado Springs or needs an ice cream cone after a morning of hiking through the nearby nature trails, there are dessert shops that will satisfy their cravings located throughout the city. These local businesses have earned a reputation of excellence throughout the community, and they have attracted the interest of both residents and travelers alike.